Apply to BVM Now
Blessed Virgin Mary Catholic School in Darby, PA is currently accepting new students for Fall 2020. At BVM Darby, we welcome students from all walks of life and families of all faiths. Our admission period is open until all classes are full, so complete your admissions application today!
BVM Darby offers a values-driven education built around the Catholic faith and teachings. We provide a challenging and dynamic curriculum for students in grades Pre-K 3 through 8th Grade that prepares them for high school and beyond. With our smaller class sizes, students and teachers build a closer bond that allows students to fully flourish in their education.
Call our office to schedule a tour, follow up on your application and to learn more about the BVM Darby community. We are happy to provide you with more information. Find out what makes our school so special and why we’re growing so quickly!
Start the process and apply now.
BVM Darby admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all of the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to its students. The School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, its admission policy, or in any school-administered program.
BVM Darby accommodates students with special needs, as the school’s resources and capabilities reasonably permit. BVM Darby reserves the right to decline admission or impose reasonable conditions of attendance where indicated under the circumstances.
To be admitted to first grade a student must be six by September 1st of the current year. For admission to Kindergarten, a child must be five by September 1st. The necessary forms and certificates for admission that must be present at the time of registration are:
- Birth Certificate
- Baptismal certificate (if not Baptized at Blessed Virgin Mary Church)
- Immunization Record
- Registration Fee and Technology Fee
Upon completing your online application, you may call the school office for an appointment at 610-596-0638. Additionally, if you have any questions regarding admissions, please call or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Admissions Of Other Faiths
Our school serves a variety of purposes, including the academic, social and physical development of students. However, the primary purpose of our school is rooted in Catholic teaching. Our school provides students a complete Catholic religious education program and makes every effort to develop the Faith in all the students so that they may live a full Catholic life.
BVM Darby admits non-Catholic students under the following circumstances:
- The permission of the Pastor is obtained.
- Adequate facilities and space are available, without denying the admission of eligible Catholic students.
- The parents/guardians agree in writing to permit their child(ren) to attend Religion classes and Religious functions that are offered as part of the school program.
- The parents/guardians commit themselves in writing to accept and promote the philosophy, goals, objectives, and regulations of our school.
- The parents/guardians agree in writing to assume responsibility for all the financial obligations.
BVM School offers an AM and PM C.A.R.E.S. Program for students in grades PreK – 8 until 6 PM. Call the school office for application/rates.
Apply to BVM Darby today! Space is limited. See our Tuition (link to tuition page) page for information regarding Financial Aid.
BVM School utilizes a "Continuous Enrollment" concept for students enrolled in our school. Continuous Enrollment assumes that once enrolled, a child will continue their education until graduation from eighth grade. Since most of our families remain year after year, this will streamline the enrollment and enrollment process by reducing time and paperwork for parents and the school staff.
Students currently enrolled will be automatically enrolled for each subsequent school year. New families will need to complete the initial paperwork.
Each enrollment period, parents will be given the opportunity to opt-out of continuous enrollment for the following school year by filling out this electronic opt-out form.
To opt-out, please complete the form below.
Please complete the Opt-Out/Withdrawal form below if you wish to opt-out of continuous enrollment or for any reason you want to withdraw your child/children from Blessed Virgin Mary School.
We encourage you to contact the Business Manager, or the Enrollment Director if there is an issue or concern that we might be able to help with prior to completing the form.
This form will be digitally sent to both the Principal and the Business Manager.
Please remember that student records and transcripts are not released for withdrawn students until all current fees are paid. Please refer to the Family Handbook for more information.
For full-time students who are opting out of Continuous Enrollment
Your student’s spot at Blessed Virgin Mary School will no longer be guaranteed and will be subject to BVM having space available in that grade(s).
If you later decide to return, you will need to complete the Application for Admission Form and an application fee will need to be paid upon enrollment.
Financial aid awards will be forfeited; Financial Aid applications will need to be resubmitted and awards will be made with any remaining funds, if available.
Tuition Payment Scale begins July 1, 2021 and ends April 30, 2022
New Registration Fee
A non-refundable Registration Fee of $150 (one child-any grade), $200 (two or more-any
grade) is due at Registration.
Total tuition Grades K-8 (Before qualifying scholarships)
- BVM Parishioner: 1 Child - $3,655 ($365.50 over a 10 month period)
- BVM Parishioner: 2 Children - $6,275 ($627.50 over a 10 month period)
- BVM Parishioner: 3 Children - $8,035 ($803.50 over a 10 month period)
- BVM Parishioner: 4 Children - No Additional Charge ($803.50 over a 10 month period)
- Non-Parishioner: 1 Child - $4,455 ($445.50 over a 10 month period)
- Non-Parishioner: 2 Children - $7,375 ($737.50 over a 10 month period)
- Non-Parishioner: 3 Children - $9,385 ($938.50 over a 10 month period)
- Non-Parishioner: 4 Children - $10,285 ($1,028.50 over a 10 month period)
- Pre-Kindergarten (3 and 4 year old) $3250 ($325 over a 10 month period)